This notice is for this website; www.heidih.net owned by Heidi Hutchinson, Sioux City, IA, USA and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
"I" or "The Website" refers to Heidi Hutchinson
"you", "the user" refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for core business purposes.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website.
2. We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
3. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information for as long as you remain active on heidih.net.
4. Sharing your information: We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords/Analytics for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the
following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners [Google AdSense, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.]
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Third Party Sales Sites
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
· Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
· Contact us at email@example.com
UPDATED MAY 2018